Subject: Re: Building a kernel...
To: John Utz <john@utzweb.net>
From: Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@voicenet.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/29/2002 14:00:36
On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, John Utz wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
>

> > So, I'm trying to build myself a new kernel :-)
>
> aint it fun! are you cross-compiling or doing it on the z50?

Doing it on the z50 :-)

> > Earlier I reported on a problem when doing 'make depend' in the compile
> > directory.  Well, I just decided to skip that part :-)
>
> and now you are paying for your poor choice, grasshopper! :-)

Yeah, I know.  I did manage to get around that problem (though I don't
know if I actually fixed it), but as I'm sure you'll see from one of my
other e-mails, skipping the 'make depend' is still coming around to haunt
me, since my kernel build is still failing with the same error that I got
from 'make depend' :-)

Adam