Subject: Re: Building a kernel...
To: Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@voicenet.com>
From: John Utz <john@utzweb.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/29/2002 12:56:41
On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:

> So, I'm trying to build myself a new kernel :-)

aint it fun! are you cross-compiling or doing it on the z50?

> Earlier I reported on a problem when doing 'make depend' in the compile
> directory.  Well, I just decided to skip that part :-)

and now you are paying for your poor choice, grasshopper! :-)

>  Amazingly enough, the kernel compile gets pretty far before dying.
> I've patch the kernel source with the files necessary to get the
> TrackPoint working, but they seem to be giving me a problem:
>
> ./../../../arch/hpcmips/vr/vrdsiu.c
> ../../../../arch/hpcmips/vr/vrdsiu.c: In function `vrdsiu_attach';
> ../../../../arch/hpcmips/vr/vrdsiu:172: `CMUMSKDSIU' undeclared (first use
> in this function)
>
> Any ideas what the problem is?

you are missing the compilation unit that declares/defines CMUMSKDSIU.
grep the kernel src or the userland src and look for it and then add it to
the build.

--

John L. Utz III
john@utzweb.net

Idiocy is the Impulse Function in the Convolution of Life