Subject: kernel compile problem...
To: hpcmips <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@voicenet.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/22/2002 21:35:10
So, I've finally decided to try and build my own kernel for my IBM z50.
Greg Hugh's kernel works, but I have to boot with "-a" so I can specify
the filesystem.

I've pulled the most recent syssrc code from CVS (want to try the LCD
suspend code), mounted it over NFS from my linux box, added the code for
the TrackPoint, and created my own CONFIG file.  No problems so far..

Next, I recompiled the 'config' utility from that CVS tree (before I did
that, I couldn't figure out why config wasn't working properly).

When I run 'config VALE' I don't encounter any problems...  I then change
into:

/usr/src/syssrc/sys/arch/hpcmips/compile/VALE

and run 'make depend'.

Within a few seconds I get:

depending the kern library objects
no ARCHSUBDIR for mipsel nor