Subject: naim for hpcmips available for download
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Steve K <skrul@yahoo.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/10/2002 11:43:23
Hey folks --

I compiled naim, an ncurses based Instant Messenger client for hpcmips.
It works great on my z50.  I've made the binary available for download:

http://surfer.ath.cx:8000/hpc

You need to have ncurses installed for it to work.  The entire ncurses
package filled up my little 128MB CF card pretty quickly, so I only copied the
libraries and the relevant terminfo files (xterm and vt100).  Note that
the precompiled ncurses package you download from netbsd.org expects the
terminfo database to be located in /usr/pkg/share.

One thing that's a bit disappointing is the size of the naim executable -- it
is over 1MB.  Anyone know of a smaller console based IM client?

cheers,
-steve