Subject: Re: New Z50 user-> how about X?
To: billy ball <bball@tux.org>
From: None <jacky@penang.robotics.auckland.ac.nz>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/05/2002 05:19:00
Hi,

here is what worked for me (from memory):

chmod a+rw /dev/ttyE0

startx -- -dev=/dev/ttyE0

I also have a question about NetBSD on the NEC MobilePro 770. Does anyone
know the options that were used to compile the generic kernel that is in
the install directory as opposed to the generic kernel installed with the
binary snapshot.

The reason is that the former does not support the power switch correctly,
but the latter one does. For now, I just copied the install kernel, but I
want to compile my own.

Another small problem I have is that emacs core dumps when starting in
X. I used pkg_add to install emacs. Everything works well if I start it in
an rxvt or xterm with -nw.

Hope it helps,
	Jacky