Subject: Re: X on Z50 working
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome@real-time.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/04/2002 19:26:18
On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 07:15:49PM -0600, John Utz wrote:
> compact flash to ide adapter? that is a brilliant thinking out of the box
> solution!
>
> if i where to shitcan the hardrive on my hp800ct, i'd bet that i'd have
> everything i want at that point

here's a discussion about them (including links to some examples) that went
on at my local LUG a while ago:
http://archives2.real-time.com/pipermail/tclug-list/2001-July/014052.html

too bad manufacturers haven't really taken up CF as a replacement for
floppies. Sony is trying with its Memory Stick, but they're doomed to
eventual failure, because it's a proprietary product. I'm guessing that
they're hoping to sucker enough people into buying those things, that
they'll make a big profit before it fails... and they probably will, because
they're such a big company.

IBM's X-series laptops have a CF slot in them; but I'm told it's not
bootable. :(

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Network Engineer