Subject: Re: Problem installing on z50 - works!
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Steve K <skrul@yahoo.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/04/2002 14:38:03
I finally got it working!  My biggest problem was that I didn't comprehend the
difference between what fdisk and disklabel did -- I thought it was the same
thing.  I also was telling sysinst to use the entire disk for NetBSD -- once I
told it not to, I had the options that I needed to properly create the 5MB DOS
parition (the first one) and then put the rest NetBSD.  Then I continuted to
slice up the NetBSD parition into root and swap.  Rebooting, CE played nice and
only formatted 5MB.  Very nice.

I followed the rest of the directions in the install.txt and rebooted and
everything works great.  Configured the network and installed a few packages
using pkg_add.

Its on the net now -- i installed thttpd, check it out:

http://216.3.73.204:8080

Unfortunately, I was unable to get thttpd to run from inetd :(

Anyway, thanks again -- now to see if I can do anything with X on my 128MB CF
card.  Is there a limit to the size of CF card NetBSD will support?

cheers,
-steve