Subject: Re: Problem installing on z50
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Steve K <skrul@yahoo.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/04/2002 08:29:52
I've tried using sysinst to do the partitions -- after it writes the new
partition table i reboot into CE to see if it likes what I did, and every time
CE will reformat the entire CF card, not just the small MSDOS partition.

I've even tried someone else's suggestion to "wipe" the entire CF card by
creating a single NetBSD parition and then let CE reformat it.  I've even put
the CF card in a laptop and formatted it.

Does the order of the partitions matter?  For me, a is always the NetBSD
parition, b is swap.. c and d I really don't understand -- the installer says
they represent the "entire disk" and "netbsd" -- but why do they overlap the
others?  And e is always the MSDOS parition.

Is there something else I have to do to tell CE not to clobber the whole CF
disk?

thanks for the help,
-steve