Subject: Problem installing on z50
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Steve K <skrul@yahoo.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/03/2002 14:10:47
Hey folks --

I've had this working before, but now I'm trying to get it going again --
NetBSD on my z50 with a 128MB CF card.  I believe I am having problems with
partitioning the disk.

I've been through the install instructions twice but the same thing happened
each time.  My partitions match exactly what is shown in the install.txt as a
sample fdisk footprint for a 128MB CF card.  However, when I reboot after doing
the manual install, CE thinks the CF card is all messed up and then creates
hundreds of FILExxx.CHK files on the CF card.  Plus CE reads the size of the CF
card as around 128MB, so I am guessing all the netbsd stuff on it got trashed.

One thing I might be doing which could be causing a problem is I run newfs
/dev/wd0e (the MSDOS partition on the CF card) because I assume that has to be
done before I can copy the pbsdboot.exe and kernel file to the DOS partition as
instructed in the install.txt.  However, after the newfs, I try to copy the
files to the DOS partition and get a funny error, something like "bad address"
and the files are not copied.  Could this be causing the problem?

Also, is it possible to get X working with only a 128MB CF card?

thanks for any help,
-steve