Subject: Re: Need a cable for my MobleGearII MC/R430 (aka MobilePro 780)
To: Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
From: Adam Laurie <adam@algroup.co.uk>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 11/13/2001 17:13:56
Warner Losh wrote:

> I just took apart the NEC MobileGearII MC/R430 to find out what pcmcia
> chip it has inside (Ricoh 5C396L).  But while taking it apart, I broke
> the small cable from the mother board to the LCD/touch pannel.
>
> Any ideas on where I can get a replacement cable?  I think that
> soldering a new one together might not be possible...  The ribbon is
> just too thin.
>
> I'm seriously bummed right now.

that is a bummer - however, things like CD players and hi-fi equipment
are full of such connectors so maybe you could pull one apart and adapt
it... if you post a picture of the borken one i'll see if any of the
myriad dead kit i've got has anything suitable...

cheers,
Adam
--
Adam Laurie                   Tel: +44 (20) 8742 0755
A.L. Digital Ltd.             Fax: +44 (20) 8742 5995