Subject: Re: Success!
To: Dustin Cook <cookdd@campuscomp.com>
From: Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@voicenet.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 10/11/2001 15:19:26
On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Dustin Cook wrote:

> > I'm curious if anyone has any recommendations about any other good, small,
> > lightweight, web browsers that they've gotten to work under
> > NetBSD/hpcmips?
>
> Dillo is kind of smallish, and it's decent in terms of compatibility. There
> is still no support for frames, though, so that may hinder your browsing to
> an extent. It's also based on gtk+. I've compiled it optimizing for
> diskspace, and the resulting binary was slightly less than 200 KB.
>
> Although I haven't tried this under NetBSD/hpcmips, I have tried this under
> both OpenBSD 2.9 and SuSE Linux 7.2 Professional.

Hmmmm... I might have to give that a try.  As it turns out, perl was only
built as a requirement to build one of the other packages, not because it
was necessary to run any of the other packages, so I should just be able
to build glib, and then install the binary package of gtk+.

I see there's no package for dillo, nor is it in the pkgsrc tree...  I
might have to try and compile it tonight.

Adam