Subject: emacs
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 10/10/2001 09:09:35
ok.  I just tried to build emacs from source (using
/usr/pkgsrc/editors/emacs) and there's a problem.  it appears to have
built correctly, but I cannot run it.  It gives me a segmenation
fault, then dumps core.  when I try to use gdb to read the core file,
it too dumps core.  when i try to run emacs under gdb, I get the same
core dump.  running as root has no effect.

uemacs, built a day ago on the same system works.  but uemacs is just
enough different than gnu emacs that I really wanted to get gnu emacs
working.

My sytem was built from sources on October 5th.  It is a MobileGearII
MC/R430 (aka MobilePro 780) with 32M RAM.  I have a 100M swap
partition with 95M free according to TOP.

Ideas?

Warner