Subject: Re: A few quick questions...
To: Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@voicenet.com>
From: Paul Chakravarti <pc000@passtheaardvark.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 09/25/2001 22:44:13
On Tuesday, September 25, 2001, at 10:45 AM, Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:

> Second, I'm running out of disk space, so I'd like to mount another
> machine via NFS...  The NFS server is running on my primary machine at
> home (and I can mount it from other machines), but this is what I'm
> getting:
>
> #  mount -t nfs 192.168.0.1:/home /sorrow/home/
> mount_nfs: can't access /home: Protocol not supported

I had the same problem using the pocketbsd userland with the
1.5.2 kernel (actually Greg Hughes' z50 trackpoint kernel) - the
problem went away when I reinstalled using the 1.5.2 userland
sets.

It doesn't look like the pocketbsd sets have been updated for
a while and it is probably safest to keep the kernel/userland
in sync.

I unpacked the 1.5.2 sets, manually deleted most of the
unnecessary stuff and re-packed so that I could fit the
distribution onto a 64Mb CF card. Once I had the base system
installed I just NFS mounted /usr, recompiled /bin & /sbin
dynamically and started building ports.

Works great - Greg's work on trackpoint support on the z50
really makes a difference - I am about to head off on a trip and
am planning to use the z50 rather than a laptop (just got
a 256MB CF card so that I can put a full system on)

PaulC