Subject: aironet 340 support
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome@real-time.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 09/25/2001 16:50:10
someone mentioned getting a wireless ethernet card to work on their z50. I
thought it was a cisco aironet 340; but don't remember.

I borrowed one of those cards from the guy next to me (we've been playing
with wireless networks here lately); but I can't find a pre-compiled kernel
that has support for it.

is there one; or will I have to try to set up a cross-compile environment?
(is it about as easy to cross-compile from linux as from netbsd-i386? or
should I build a netbsd VMWare session?)

we found some wireless sniffing tools for *BSD:
http://www.bawug.org/howto/reviews/dstumbler.html

and would like to try them out on my z50 (since it'll run longer on
batteries than my co-worker's vaio).

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer