Subject: Re: z50 lockup on screenblank
To: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome@real-time.com>
From: Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 09/24/2001 14:45:22
In message <20010924152721.H10679@real-time.com> Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom writes:
: > It will be very very hard.  When the "resume" event comes in, that
: > goes via the ROM vector.  So, that will be hard to hook into,
: > especially in a WinCE version independent way and likely will impose
: > memory layout restrictions that may be impossible to satisfy with NetBSD.
:
: 	will it be dependent just on the WinCE version; or it dependent even
: on the ROM version? (so there will need to be a layout for the z50 different
: from the Phillips <insert name here> different from the NEC <whatever>?)

I don't know that level of detail.  I suspect that it will be
dependent on that, but acn't tell for sure.

: 	is the address that it calls, completely hard-wired in? is it
: something sensible (like the last addressible piece of memory); or something
: that needs to be changed every time you put a new wince ROM in? what
: actually decides the address? is it on the ROM board itself, or some other
: chip?
: 	any hope of hardware-hacking it?

I haven't disassembled the code that is at this location in the ROMs,
so I don't know for sure what it does, or how hard it would be to
hack.  Likely it is a jr into some fix address in RAM, but it could
also be something much more elaberate...

Warner