Subject: Re: z50 lockup on screenblank
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome@real-time.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 09/24/2001 14:42:26
On Sun, Sep 23, 2001 at 03:07:29PM -0600, Warner Losh wrote:
> In message <20010923202922.A186@bug.ucw.cz> Pavel Machek writes:
> : wince can enter very-low power mode, and resume from that because it
> : lives in rom... [At least that's status on my philips velo.] ...linux/*bsd
> : maybe could use same mechanism, but it would take _extreme_ effort.
>
> I've looked at the Vr4111 hibernation mode.  The big problem is that
> coming out of this mode generates a trap to a ROM routine.  Wihtout
> some way to analyze this routine and do what it expects, it would be
> very hard indeed to support this.

so it's not *impossible* (as in, hitting the suspend button causes a jump to
a memory address which is in ROM and we can't do anything to stop it); we
just need to figure out what wince does at that piece of ROM, and implement
it ourselves, so we can wake up from this hibernation mode?

how easy is it to just make it hibernate (without the resume functionality)?
I realize this is kind of useless; but I'm just curious. :)

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises