Subject: Re: A question about CF cards.
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Williams <Paul.eyejay@btinternet.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 09/24/2001 15:14:33
Is it possible to create a usable system on a 64MB card? By usable I
mean with tools beyond basic file editing/manipulation (ls, ln, etc.)

Given 64-33-x (x = Dos partition) would 31-x be enough space for X etc.?

IMO one of the problems with wince is the lack of a decent freeware ANSI
C compiler. I'm guessing hpc/netBSD has some of the popular unix
compilers as part of installation?

AFAIK there are no partitioning tools for wince, can I partition during
installation? (I've seen reference to a CF->PCMCIA converters for
partitioning. I have no boxes with PCMCIA or CF sockets/adapters.)

Sorry for the easy questions :-/ My Unix experience ends at the desktop,
and then not netBSD :-(

TiA
--
Paul