Subject: Emacs 20.7
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: None <sc843@bard.edu>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/26/2001 21:43:01
Dear mailing list:

I have downloaded the source of Emacs 20.7, and the canna patch for japanese
input, as well as emcws (lots of japanese stuff, I gather).
I set up netbsd-hpcmips to use the netbsd system description header file and the
pmax machine description (like mipsel-openbsd).
The compile works great, and builds temacs. However, the temacs fails on
list-load-path-shadows. It does not segfault; it just never terminates.
Is there a set of patches known to make 20.7 compile properly for hpcmips? I
imagine there would have to be for binary packages to be available.
Also, is there any way for the z50 alt key to be recognized as such by hpcmips
(is this in netbsd-current?)

(By the way, SUCCESS mgl2 on netbsd/hpcmips on z50! Beautiful!)

Sincerely,
Sean Callanan