Subject: Re: Z50: X11 and arrow keys question
To: billy ball <bball@tux.org>
From: Greg Hughes <greg@particle.dyndns.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/23/2001 13:29:32
<snip>

> many thanks, and keep up the great work on hpcmips! i really like how the
> LED is used for a drive-access indicator! and i look forward to more
> improvements... my wishlist:
>
> - LCD suspend (the CPU, drive suspend seems to work just fine)

There is code in the source tree to suspend the LCD, but is not included
by default.  From looking at the source, it seems that it just uses some
hard-coded constants for the various LCD power-off timeouts which work
about 75% of the time.  However, according to the vr4121 spec documents,
more care needs to be taken to shutdown the LCD (interrelated timing
issues, etc.).  When it doesn't work, it cores on resume.  =/

> - three-button emulation for the trackpoint...

The trackpoint driver I added to the kernel currently precludes this
capability (it's not tied into the keyboard driver).  So it needs to be
integrated properly to make it work.  I guess I'll look into that when
I've got some more free time.

- Greg