Subject: RE: z50 pointer support...
To: Robert Beach <Robert.Beach@inforte.com>
From: Greg Hughes <greg@particle.dyndns.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/06/2001 17:15:40
Sorry about the delay in responding -- been somewhat busy at work lately.

I will make the source to the pointer support available, but I don't know
what good that would do anyone without kernel sources and a development
environment on their machine (i.e. only really good for devs).

I will also make a copy of the kernel I'm currently using available
(binary form, based on 1.5U) if anyone just wants to play with the z50's
trackpoint for the time being (BTW, this has the LCD suspend enabled which
can be flakey from time to time -- not the trackpoint's problem. ;))  I
should be able to recompile w/ additional drivers if anyone needs them.

I changed the IPL of the trackpoint driver back to IPL_TTY and it appears
to help somewhat.  Unfortunately, the mouse still exhibits weird behavior
under heavy loads (disk, ethernet, etc.), but it's not bad for normal use.

I've posted the kernel and vrdsiu sources at:

http://www.student.math.uwaterloo.ca/~gl2hughe/hpcmips/

The code is still experimenal, but seems to work fairly well.

Let me know how it goes on your machines.

- Greg