Subject: Install on Mobilon HC-4100
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: None <bthaler@youbeyou.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 07/24/2001 22:01:13
Has anyone had any luck with the latest kernel and a Mobilon HC-4100?

I have an older kernel, dated April 23 2001 (netbsd.TX3912) which will boot
on my mobilon, but this does not have the installation romdisk if i remember
correctly.  As a result, it's not much use once it has booted.

Anyway, today I decided to try the latest (I assume) which i found at:

ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/hpcmips/snapshot/20010422/installation

This kernel is significantly larger in size (6.55MB compared to 2.54MB)
which leads me to beleive that this one does include the installation
romdisk.  The only problem is that it will not boot on my Mobilon.  It loads
into memory, then the scren goes black, and then nothing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Brad T.