Subject: Re: booting netbsd
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: kjn9@citizenearth.com <kjn9@citizenearth.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 06/27/2001 23:12:36
Hi,

I have installed NetBSD onto a MobilePro 770.  It is installed onto a 128Mb CF card, with a large NetBSD partition, and wd0a as the main filesystem, where the sets were installed.  There is also a small DOS partition holding pbsdboot.exe and the installation kernel.  This is the only partition that Windows CE can see (it thinks the card is 8Mb).

Like Elliot, I find that if I reboot using 'shutdown -r', or the reboot option on the installation menu, I just get back to Windows CE.

I run pbsdboot.exe again, but this only loads the installation menu again.

So, how do I get the system to boot the kernel from wd0a, and mount wd0a at / ?

I would be grateful for any help you can give me.

Best wishes,

Keith Nash.