Subject: Re: netbsd on mobilon pro, episode 1
To: Pavel Machek <pavel@ucw.cz>
From: Michael Blatt <michaelblatt@csi.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 05/03/2001 20:58:15
> Keyboard is actually pretty hard, because it is about the only part which
> is usually not documented. I had to do pretty heavy guessing when I wanted
> keyboard from my velo to work. [It was connected to SPI.]

Yes, and I guess the lack of keyboard support even from a serial
terminal is due to incomplete serial support?
Now, what's the best method I could possibly use to find out about the
keyboard?

> Kernel compile might seem trivial if you are not lucky.

I am traditionally unlucky *grin*. I am not scared of the compile per
se, but I have no NetBSD system as of yet, but a Linux/FreeBSD box. btw
Linux had a similar problem after numerous compiles: unbale to open
initial console (after crashign in irq's about the pccard slot). Takes
me back to the framebuffer...

> Where can I get that nice netbsd image?

er, it's the standard netbsd.tx9322.gz from the latest snapshot. :)

> > tx39sib0 at txsim0: 1.536 MHz

> > ucb0 at tx39sib0 slot 0: TOSHIBA TC35413F
> > ucbtp0 at ucb0:
> > wsmouse0 at ucbtp0 mux 0
> > ucbsnd0 at ucb0: audio 3.692 kHz telecom 1.200 kHz
>
> This looks *very* good.

to me this seems to mean sound and pointer support (?), but what are
ucbtp0 and ucb0?

Michael