Subject: NEC MobilePro 790
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Adam Laurie <adam@algroup.co.uk>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/25/2001 16:49:15
hey,

apologies if this is old news - only joined this list recently...

the NEC790 is shipping in the UK now - i've got hold of one and can
report:

1. the keyboard layout is the same as the 780 so we don't need to tweak
kernel. :)

2. it boots *much* faster - the pbsdboot load process is at least 3
times faster - since it's the same microdrive i've been booting my 780
from i assume it's either better i/o in ce2000 or at hardware level.

3. chipset & chip speeds etc. appears the same as the 780 from dmesg.

are there any performance/diagnostic tools anyone would like me to run
and report back?

cheers,
Adam
--
Adam Laurie                   Tel: +44 (20) 8742 0755
A.L. Digital Ltd.             Fax: +44 (20) 8742 5995