Subject: Framebuffer info + running X
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Blatt <michaelblatt@csi.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/20/2001 14:50:00
Hi all,

I'm trying to get the framebuffer info for the Sharp Mobilon Pro PV-5000:
memory address
bytes per line
ID (what is it anyway?)

... but I have no idea were to look.
How did you guys find out for the other models? All I know is that the screen is 640x480x4096; a 12-bit display, I suppose I could use 8-bit; it's just a dream, but do you think there's a way I could (if I ever get so far) use a 16-bit X server on a display using less colours? (I guess it would look really funny, but maybe it's worth a try)

Another question for the success stories: which devices currently support X servers (other than the ones mentioned in the user-howto, and which ones (if any) have been reported to run MicroWindows? My question only applies to devices sold worldwide as I am not going to be in japan until next year by the looks of it...

As you can see I'm desperately trying to avoid buying a PC subnotebook to run NetBSD on; any suggestions welcome.

cheers

Michael