Subject: Re: serial port on NEC 780?
To: None <adam@algroup.co.uk, port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: SATO Kazumi <sato@sm.sony.co.jp>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/19/2001 10:38:25
adam@algroup.co.uk wrote:
> anyone know what's the status of serial port on the NEC?
> this is my config entry (copied from GENERIC):
>   com*    at vrip? addr 0x0c000000 size 0x20 intr 9 pwctl PWCTL_COM0
> and i get:
>   com0 at vrip0 addr 0xc000000-0xc000007 intr 9: ns16550a, working fifo
> from dmesg, but can't get any tip or cu sessions to work... ideas?

Currently, no PWCTL_COM0 infomation for MobilePro780 is known.
So, there is no PWCTL_COM0 defice for 780 such as follow.
	pwctl0 at vrgiu? platform NEC_MCR_530 id PWCTL_COM0 port 46
	(this is for MCR/530)
In some machine, kernel cannot enable serial port without this device.

jun@soum.co.jp wrote:
> Please check pbsdboot menu.It contains the checkbox of "Serial Port On".
> Check the box and boot your 780.

You will know GIU setting from dmesg booting with -v option.
Difference of GIU setting between with "Serial Port On" and without
"Serial Port On" are the PWCTL_COM0 device infomation.
Please report this infomation.

We need these infomation for all machines.
sato