Subject: Re: wscons issues
To: Dr. Christian Riede <christian.riede@security.kpnqwest.com>
From: TAKEMURA Shin <takemura@netbsd.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/15/2001 21:12:23
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dr. Christian Riede" <christian.riede@security.kpnqwest.com>
To: "TAKEMURA Shin" <takemura@netbsd.org>
Cc: <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2001 9:26 PM

> > > - /etc/rc.d/wscons says "WSDISPLAYIO_ADDSCREEN: Cannot allocate
memory"
> > > for all four virtual screens it tries to create
> >

> I just discovered the problem yesterday: A preprocessor symbol called
> something like HPC_MULTI is commented out. Just delete the comment
> characters and everything works. (Sorry, no access to source here,
> so a bit unspecific. Hope it helps..)

The kernel configuration option is now asserted in 'GENERIC'.

> Does anyone have hardware documentation for the NEC MobilePro 770? I
> assume that it does not have a 4172? Where can one get a User's Manual for
> the vr4121? Especially I would like to learn more about backlight control.

Yes. MobilePro 770 have a 4172 in it. You can get documentation of Vr4121
and Vrc4172 from www.necel.com. Backlight control is getting better on
-current kernel, however, we have no idea how to control LCD contrast
on MobilePro 770.

Takemura