Subject: MobilePro pointer problems
To: None <port-hpcmips@mail.netbsd.org>
From: Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/08/2001 11:00:50
w.r.t. X11 on the MobilePro 800 (MC-R700A), does anyone else have problems
with the touchscreen?  I have three:

  o touch pen to screen.  hold down.  The pointer will dance rapidly
    around the pen contact point.  The magnitude of the drift is larger
    than a letter-glyph, which makes selecting text practically impossible.

  o The pointer often becomes confused whether it's pressed down or not.
    sometimes I release the pointer from the screen, but X thinks Button1
    is still pressed.  thus, i cannot type because the wm still has focus.

  o pointer-jumping.  sometimes, when I release the pen from the screen,
    the pointer will jump away from the point where I released the pen.
    the jump occurs with Button1 pressed, so not only does this interfere
    with focus-follows-mouse, but with more ordinary drag operations as
    well.

It is, infuriating.  at first I was gentle with my screen, and refused
to let my friends draw on it with their fingernails.  Now, I think it
is a miracle that I haven't cracked the ``glass.''

does anyone know of an hpc* model with this 800x600 screen and a
correct pointer?