Subject: Re: Questions regarding hpcmips hardware
To: Marty Cawthon <mrc@ChipChat.com>
From: George Sollish <gsollish@mail.gisco.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/05/2001 09:08:44
On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Marty Cawthon wrote:

>   Finally, I am looking to do this to gain some experience with NetBSD on
> other than Intel CPUs, and also would like to have a small, lightweight,
> relatively rugged NetBSD machine that I can use for Internet access when
> away from the office.  I am looking to buy an NEC MobilePro 770 on ebay,
> but am open to anything that might be more suitable.
>   Any suggestions, recommendations, or comments will be appreciated.

I've been using a 780 North American version for similar reasons, and it
works great, but the half VGA screen might be a bit of a bother -- I
haven't tried stuffing a graphic browser or lyx on it, and I'm using flwm
and a very small font to get two 80x25 xterms on it.  The only other
downside, other than the crappy WinCE you have to boot through, is the
arrow key-mapping (I'm running 1.5, and this may be corrected in 1.5.1).

Good luck!

George E Sollish	Chief Engineer		Auto Gear Equipment
			Host			Classic FM's Listening Room
			Project Manager		The Payne Lake Project