Subject: Re: No /dev/console
To: Nathan Parrish <ndparrish@yahoo.com>
From: George Sollish <gsollish@mail.gisco.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/15/2001 14:00:45
On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Nathan Parrish wrote:

> seems you've got your system looking for a root filesystem where
> it doesn't exist.  I recall having similar problems, though
> unfortunately I cannot remember details of the resolution.
> is it possible you need to make the first partition of your cf
> card the netbsd bit (with a netbsd FS), and the second bit DOS,
> which WinCE can see?
> I haven't touched my hpcmips box in a few months, but I think
> last I worked on it, I was in the state of having to boot from a
> pcmcia flash card (storage card 2) out of WinCE, and then it
> found my root FS on the CF card (storage card (1?)).

Finally found that if I specified '-a' in the pbsdboot boot options the
NetBSD boot would stop and ask for the location of the root (wd0a, the
default), swap (wd0b, the default), and file system type (enter ffs
instead of msdos, the default).  Now I'm up and running.

Next problem, why are the MobilePro's four arrow keys out of synch --
right arrow for down, down arrow for up, etc?

Thanks for the help, guys.

George E Sollish	Chief Engineer  	 Auto Gear Equipment
			Host	 		 Classic-FM's Listening Room
			Project Manager		 The Payne Lake Project