Subject: Re: wscons issues
To: TAKEMURA Shin <takemura@netbsd.org>
From: Dr. Christian Riede <christian.riede@security.kpnqwest.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/12/2001 13:26:50
On Sun, Mar 11, 2001 at 05:46:08PM +0900, TAKEMURA Shin wrote:
> [...]

I just discovered the problem yesterday: A preprocessor symbol called
something like HPC_MULTI is commented out. Just delete the comment
characters and everything works. (Sorry, no access to source here,
so a bit unspecific. Hope it helps..)

> > - /etc/rc.d/screenblank says "/dev/wskbd0: device busy" on startup"
>
> I think that no one could open /dev/wskbd0 if the keyboard is attached
> to display. In other words, if you use the keyboard, no one including
> screenblank stuff can't access the keyboard. So this message isn't strange
> behavior....!? Do you know how it works on other ports?

I am not very familiar with the whole setup. I just said "screenblank=yes"
in rc.conf on a plain 1.5 and got the above message (now also tested
with a -current-kernel)

Does anyone have hardware documentation for the NEC MobilePro 770? I
assume that it does not have a 4172? Where can one get a User's Manual for
the vr4121? Especially I would like to learn more about backlight control.

Gruss, Christian Riede

--
KPNQwest Germany GmbH, Security Competence Center
Dr. Christian Riede, Security Consultant