Subject: Re: wscons issues
To: Dr. Christian Riede <christian.riede@security.kpnqwest.com>
From: TAKEMURA Shin <takemura@netbsd.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/11/2001 17:46:08
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dr. Christian Riede" <christian.riede@security.kpnqwest.com>
To: <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2001 7:16 PM
Subject: wscons issues

> ... some more questions on the NEC MobilePro 770, this time on wscons:
>
> - /etc/rc.d/wscons says "WSDISPLAYIO_ADDSCREEN: Cannot allocate memory"
> for all four virtual screens it tries to create

Yes. It's funny if you boot it with -h (serial console) options. I was aware
of it but
I've had no time to fix it. Currently, I'm working on MQ200 video chip
driver,
which have a lot of relation with wsdisplay. I'm going to fix the problem in
the
driver development.

> - /etc/rc.d/screenblank says "/dev/wskbd0: device busy" on startup"

I think that no one could open /dev/wskbd0 if the keyboard is attached
to display. In other words, if you use the keyboard, no one including
screenblank stuff can't access the keyboard. So this message isn't strange
behavior....!? Do you know how it works on other ports?

Takemura