Subject: CompactFlash partitioning?
To: None <port-hpcmips@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Scott Henning <shenning@home.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/07/2001 10:19:03
I'm trying to partition a compactflash to copy the hpcmips install onto it.
I got a PCMCIA CF adapter. I have a laptop that has Win95 on it. I'm running
the i386/NetBSD install and using the Utitlity shell to get a prompt. I can
mount the CF but I don't know how to partition it. I'm used to using fdisk
to partition - but the i386/NetBSD fdisk doesn't work like I expect (like
DOS or Linux). I've tried the disklabel command but I don't know what to do
with it. I can see the partitions d: (unknown) and e: (MSDOS) - but I can't
seem to write out a new partition table.

Does anyone know what commands to run and what the steps are exactly to get
a CF partitioned for hpcmips?

Note: I'm trying to get an install to work on an Epods web pad. I appreciate
the everyone's help I've received from this group so far. And I'm very
excited about the prospect of running "unix" on this machine.

Any help is appreciated.

-- Scott