Subject: Re: PocketBSD on Epods
To: Nathan Parrish <ndparrish@yahoo.com>
From: Scott Henning <shenning_00@yahoo.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/22/2001 23:27:21
Nathan,

> will the netbsd.gz from that dir boot on your
> system?  this image has the
> sysinit stuff built in, and you can exit out of that
> to a prompt.
> I believe the kernels in the binary/kernel dir do
> not have sysinit
> functionality included, meaning you'd have to build
> a compact flash/ATA root
> disk with a companion system.

I had tried the kernel in the installation directory
and the machine just locks up. I think this kernel is
for a 4111 and doesn't work with this 3922 machine.

Can whoever built the 3922 kernel build another one
with sysinit?

Or what are the procedures for getting the source and
building it from scratch? I have installed NetBSD for
i386. Does this installation have the cross compiler?

Thanks.

-- Scott