Subject: PocketBSD on Epods
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Scott Henning <shenning_00@yahoo.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/21/2001 12:23:05
I'm trying to get PocketBSD to work on my Epods
machine (a 3922 processor). The Epods is a wince
web-pad device. I have copied pbsdboot.4pp.exe and the
netbsd.tx3922 kernel to a Lexar 16MB compactflash
using Win98. From the Epods/wince I run the pbsdboot
loader and select the Frame Buffer configuration of
"Sharp Telios HC-AJ1/AJ2". This configures the boot
loader for the right "ID". I'm configuring the "serial
port on" and using "h" in the Options field.

The kernel loads and prints console messages to the
serial port. It gets to a point and stops. Here's the
last part of the printout:

-------------------------------------

pcmcia0 at plumpcmcia0

pcmcia0: CIS version PCMCIA 2.0 or 2.1

pcmcia0: CIS info: CL ATA FLASH CARD LEXAR  , TIDALWV,
V1.00

pcmcia0: Manufacturer code 0x4e01, product 0x200

pcmcia0: function 0: fixed disk, ccr addr 200 mask f

pcmcia0: function 0, config table entry 0: memory
card; irq mask 0; memspace 0-7
ff; maxtwins 1; rdybsy_active powerdown

pcmcia0: function 0, config table entry 1: I/O card;
irq mask ffff; iomask 4, io
space 0-f; memspace 0-7ff; maxtwins 1; rdybsy_active
io8 io16 irqshare irqpulse
irqlevel powerdown

pcmcia0: function 0, config table entry 2: I/O card;
irq mask 4000; iomask a, io
space 1f0-1f7 3f6-3f7; memspace 0-7ff; maxtwins 1;
rdybsy_active io8 io16 irqsha
re irqpulse irqlevel powerdown

pcmcia0: function 0, config table entry 3: I/O card;
irq mask 4000; iomask a, io
space 170-177 376-377; memspace 0-7ff; maxtwins 1;
rdybsy_active io8 io16 irqsha
re irqpulse irqlevel powerdown

wdc0 at pcmcia0 function 0

wd0 at wdc0 channel 0 drive 0: <LEXAR ATA FLASH>

wd0: drive supports 1-sector pio transfers, lba
addressing

wd0: 15904 KB, 497 cyl, 2 head, 32 sec, 512 bytes/sect
x 31808 sectors

pcmcia1 at plumpcmcia0

btnmgr0 at mainbus0

wskbd1 at btnmgr0 mux 1

boot device: wd0

root on wd0a dumps on wd0b

-------------------------------

Is this the point where the kernel trys to mount the
"ffs" filesystem? If so, then how do I create an "ffs"
filesystem on a Lexar CF from win98? I've installed
netbsd for i386 and can't seem to mount this CF. The
CF reader is Lexar's own USB connector.

Another note: if I don't turn on the serial port when
see what might be the console on the top one-half of
the screen but the text is nothing but black lines.

Any ideas on what to do next?

Thanks.

-- Scott Henning