Subject: Re: xrefresh(1) on resume
To: , <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: TAKEMURA Shin <takemura@netbsd.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/03/2001 18:51:50
----- Original Message -----
From: <itojun@iijlab.net>
To: <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2001 4:43 PM
Subject: xrefresh(1) on resume

> if i suspend/resume while I'm running X on my machine, it is required
> for me to run xrefresh(1) on resume to recover my X screen.
> (wscons screen will override the content of the screen).
> - is it normal?  or am I doing something wrong?

Yes it is. The redraw function is currently not implemented.

> - if it is normal, how can we automate it?  how about having apmd on
>   hpcmips?

The kernel can send signal to the X server on resuming if the server
requested. Please refer function hpcfb_power in
sys/arch/hpcmips/dev/hpcfb.c. You should implement multiscreen
support of the X server to solve your problem. The MGL already
supports multiscreen.

Of course, apmd is worthful for hpcmips if the X server had multiscreen
support.

Takemura