Subject: Re: Is the VR4122 supported yet??
To: Devin Butterfield <dbutter@wireless.net>
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 12/28/2000 20:36:44
In message <3A4C0310.4800B6DA@wireless.net> Devin Butterfield writes:
: I was interested in buying a Casio EM-500 with the hopes of trying
: NetBSD on it, but it would seem that it is using the VR4122 chip. Is
: this chip supported yet? Is there any work in progress to support this
: chip?

From my limited looks at the datasheet, it should just work. Modulo
the normal things: video, sound, modems, etc.

However, last time this question came up takemura-san said that he
hadn't received reports of anyone actually having botted NetBSD on
PocketPC.  But I can't recall if that means that someone had tried and
failed or just that no one has tried.

Warner