Subject: install question (MobilePro 780/48MB CF)
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Phil Jensen <philj@csufresno.edu>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 12/27/2000 20:11:19
Good evening,
I'm attempting to perform an install of NetBSD-hpcmips on my MobilePro 780.
I've got a SanDisk 48MB CF card that I'm using as my root.  I was wondering
if there are any "light" base and etc packages I could use instead of the
NetBSD-1.5 ones that would make an install on a 48MB CF card possible.

I used the "streaming tar" tip specified in
http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/hpcmips/faq.html, but still ran out of space
just untargzipping base.  I've carved up my CF card with a meg for the FAT
partition (for pbsdboot), and 44 megs for the NetBSD partition.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you very much!

Regards,
-p

Phil Jensen
Manager, Unix Systems