Subject: Re: Casio E-15
To: David Bauer <bauer@genprofile.com>
From: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@pgh.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 12/27/2000 21:05:39
On Wed, 27 Dec 2000, David Bauer wrote:

> If I use \netbsd does this mean the kernel should be in the same
> directory as pbsboot.exe or in the root dir of the CF card ? I put it in
> the root.

  I believe this means in "My Handheld PC" or equivalent.  For the CF
card, you will probably want \Sorage Card\netbsd or such.  The root of the
netbsd partition on the CF card is /netbsd

> Than there are several predefined settings for machines but there is no
> entry for E-15. With E-55 I only get an error message: "open failed".

  This is probably because of the location issue, however once it finds
the kernel it often does not fully load on the first try, at least on my
Clio.

> There is also a "User defined" but I have no Idea what the values for
> Type, Address, Bytes/line and ID mean.

  It looks like the E-15 has a 4bpp display, which there is no setting for
currently.  The E-55 setting should give you a somewhat working display,
but most likely unreadable.  If you could, please try the kernel at:
http://www.pgh.net/~darkstar/netbsd-c4bpp.gz which is a test 4bpp with
E-15 frame buffer settings hardwired.  Use the E-55 setting to get the IDs
that should work.  It is only a GENERIC kernel, not sysinst, but if it
works I will make a sysinst kernel of it.

Matthew Orgass
darkstar@pgh.net