Subject: Problem compiling Python2.0
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Steven Sartorius <ssartor@bellatlantic.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 12/21/2000 21:18:11
I'm trying to compile Python2.0 (no binary available yet for hpcmips) but
am running into trouble.  After fiddling with the Makefile I can get it to
build (and include support for readline) but it fails on one of the math
tests -- specifically, it returns -1.3 for the result of abs(-1.3).  I've
tried recompiling with the -mhard-float and -msoft-float switches but
neither switch produced the right result.  Any idea how to get this to
work?  The previous hpcmips version of python (1.5.2) which I installed
from the precompiled binary worked perfectly.

Any help much appreciated....

Thanks,

Steve