Subject: Installing netBSD on 2010c
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: None <=?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phan?= BERNARD>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 12/15/2000 15:13:10
    Hi,

I'm trying to install netbsd on a 2010c with a 160Mb ATA-CF card.
First of all, I ran psdboot with the netbsd.TX3912 kernel, the CF card
formatted DOS (I only have one laptop with NT to format it).
Booting looks OK, the ATA-CF seems recognized, but it doesn't mount the
root/dump partition, and it loops asking me where to find them (then
tries mounting msdos, ffs, .... but fails).

So, I wanted to run fdisk on my CF. As Marc Rogers wrote (2000.10.13),
I've made a 2 install floppy set using the i386 port, put the CF into
the PCMCIA slot of the laptop (which I share, so I can't remove NT from
it and install netBSD) and boot on the diskettes. But I cannot succeed
to run fdisk for the CF card (it's telling me it found a wdc2 (or wd2c)
device on PCMCIA, but "fdisk wdc2 (wd2c)" fails.
I also tryed the install floppies for laptop, but I had the same result.

So, I have many questions :
- First of all, which disk sets should I use to run fdisk on the CF card
?
- What device should I pass as argument to fdisk ?

Eventually, how may I make a full floppy set to install netBSD for 2010c
into CF card using my laptop ?
In the documentation, it's written that floppies should be made by
copying the set.xx files, but how may I copy a 18,9Mb base.tgz file on a
1.44Mb floppy ?

Last question :
- is the netbsd.TX3912 a "normal" kernel or an installation kernel ?

Thanks to anyone who may help me.