Subject: Re: E-105
To: Cataldo Cigliola <cataldoc@libero.it>
From: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@pgh.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 12/10/2000 03:10:58
On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Cataldo Cigliola wrote:

> (I select E-100 profile)
[...]
> then screen hangs on this message:
>
> /u/src/release/src/sys/arch/hpcmips/vr/vr.c(294): vr_bus_reset() not
> implemented

  A boot log might help determine the problem.  It could be a console
issue, since the console attachment happens around there.  A possibly
related issue is that the E-105 uses one of the strange Casio PCMCIA
controllers that are not supported.  From reading the linuxce-devel
archives it looks like the hack for the E-55 to use the CF drive will work
with the E-105.  I can't get sysinst to compile with the souce I have, but
I put a GENERIC kernel that should do this at:
http://www.pgh.net/~darkstar/netbsd.gz
It also has DIAGNOSTIC and DEBUG defined, which might help determine what
is going on.

Matthew Orgass
darkstar@pgh.net