Subject: RE: Status of the hpcmips port?
To: Devin Butterfield <dbutter@wireless.net>
From: TAKEMURA Shin <takemura@netbsd.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 12/02/2000 14:00:47
> I am interested in experimenting with NetBSD on a Casio E-125 and was
> wondering what the current status of the port is? Just a few
> questions...

No one has succeeded to boot NetBSD/hpcmips on Pocket PC yet.

> 1. Is X windows running, and if so how well? Will X work with NetBSD on
> the Casiopeia E-125 or E-500 PDA's?

Yes. X server could run on E-500. But E series don't have keyboard so
that you should use some software keyboard or serial console.

> 2. Is there any sound support for these PDA's (with the VR1421/22
> chipsets)?

No. And it seems that no one is working on that. I'm interesting in
sound support but I have no time to do that.

> 3. Is USB support included?

No. If it were supported, you could use it only for serial communication
with
host PC because the USB interface of E series isn't 'host'. So you can use
serial port of E-500 instead of USB.

> Other than that, I would just be curious about people's experiences with
> NetBSD on a PDA and whether or not it is currently in a usable state.

I'm curious about it too because I don't have any PDA of E series
which run on NetBSD.

Takemura