Subject: RE: hpcapm not working?
To: None <sramsby@u.washington.edu>
From: Jun Ebihara <jun@soum.co.jp>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 11/09/2000 15:12:52
From: "Scott Ramsby" <sramsby@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 11:23:34 -0800

> My "uname -a" results are: "NetBSD mp800 1.5_BETA NetBSD 1.5_BETA (GENERIC)
> #29: Sat Oct 21 15:34:25 JST 2000
> shin@touji:/u/obj/release/sys/arch/hpcmips/compile/GENERIC hpcmips"
> Do I need to recompile the kernel for my specific device to get working
> power management? Thanks. I noticed that a new release just came out, does
> it have improved support in this area?

OK,You have 1.5_BETA kernel.
NetBSD-current kernel have more power management staff about LCD.
does somebody have current kernel binary for tests?
If you have current kernel,send "dmesg" command results.

Harddisk power management is the another issue.

Current status about suspend:
MC-CS MC-R300, Docomo, MC-R500, MC/R430,540, sigmarion

Backlight On/Off with keyboard:
MC-CS R300,Docomo

--
jun ebihara