Subject: pkg-add
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Apeleg <apeleg@targetblank.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 10/27/2000 22:36:34
Thanks again to jun ebihara for pointing me to the right set of binaries for
my z50.  I now have a pocketBSD installation up and running on my z50 w/ 64
MB cf card.

Now, forgive another newbie question but ...

I'd like to install a couple of binary packages on my new pocketBS (uemacs
and, if I can swing it, PERL).

The NetBSD package documentation says

>A selection of precompiled binary packages for NetBSD 1.3 and later are
available from /pub/NetBSD/packages/ on NetBSD ftp sites.
The majority of users will probably find the browsable web listing most
useful.

These can be installed either by downloading a package and its prerequisites
to a local disk and running

    pkg_add <package>
or directly by specifying the full URL as in:
    pkg_add
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/<os_release>/<arch>/<type>/<package
> <

I can, of course, download these packages and untar them onto my system.
But it looks like there is a utility "pkg_add" that is supposed to be used
here?

My PocketBSD installation doesn't have a "pkg_add" binary to execute.  Where
do I find it? Or am I misunderstanding something here?

Thanks again