Subject: Installing NetBSD/hpcmips on a 64 MB CF Card
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Apeleg <apeleg@targetblank.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 10/25/2000 21:38:42
Pardon this newbie question ...

I've been trying to install NetBSD/hpcmips (only base and kernel) on an ibm
z50 with the 32MB upgrade and 64 MB cf card.  However, even if I give NetBSD
the whole disk (62 MB formatted, evidently) I don't have enough space to
install.  I was under the impression that a 64 MB card was enough (just
enough) to install the base and kernel. What's up?

I should add that, thus far, I've been trying to install over FTP, using my
Linux machine as the server, using the base and kernel packages from here:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.5_BETA/hpcmips/binary/sets/

I guess that I need to uncompress the packages, drop something, and go from
there?

Thanks,

David Scribner