Subject: a couple of odd things
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Marc Rogers <marcr@deceptively.shady.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 10/23/2000 09:37:30
hiya folks

   Am I the only one that has problems with w? no matter what I do it seems to segfault.
It always seems to be as it accesses wtmp/utmp aswell, as the system load & date header
works just fine.

  Also ive been noticing some odd behaviour with gzip. Quite often when I download a
gzipped file onto my mobilepro, it fails to decompress, complaining about crc errors.
The same file decompresses just fine on my i386 netbsd box or on my windows desktop.
Conversly gzip on my mobilepro ha sno problems with any file its gzipped itself. I
havent checked these gzips on my i386 hardware, but ill post if anything odd happens
when I do.

Marc Rogers