Subject: Re: hpcmips binary pkgs on ftp.netbsd.org
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 10/16/2000 10:31:45
>> deleted.and I think it's time to start to merge pocketbsd staff into pkgsrc.
>Yes.
>What was the idea of that again - introduce a variable ''SMALL'' that will
>result in small binary pkgs? (Plus a few pkgs that are specific to
>hpcmips, right?)

	the term "pocketbsd" is rather unclear for me too.  there are multiple
	goals, it seems.
	- hpcmips-specific programs (like MGL2, tiny window manager which is
	  not X).
	- smaller binary option for normal pkgsrc (like "no manpage")
	- crunched binary?

	for the first item, ONLY_FOR_ARCHS should be enough.
	2nd and 3rd item should be solved in a generic way.  if the goal
	is to introduce pkgsrc/pocketbsd, that looks rather wrong to me.

itojun