Subject: Re: Couple IBM Z50 questions
To: DP <dp@recycled.net>
From: Ted Milker <tmilker@radiks.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 10/07/2000 18:18:43
On Sat, Oct 07, 2000 at 08:08:17AM -0500, DP wrote:
> Do the IBM MicroDrives run properly on these? The Z50 certainly has a CF slot, but nowhere can I find whether it's type II or not. I'm thinking of picking up a 1Gb MicroDrive for this.

My 340MB MicroDrive works fine on my z50.  Sometimes it goes
kind of screwy under CE(imagine that) and I have to pop
it out and put it back in.  It's been said that the 1GB drive
takes less power, so it should work with the z50 just fine.

> And finally - what's the story on the Z50's trackpoint? Doesn't work in NetBSD, correct? Why? How much work needs to be done there? Something I can help out on?

There isn't support under NetBSD for it yet, as far as I know,
though Mike Klar of the Linux VR project has gotten it working
for Linux, so it's probably just a matter of time before someone
gets it going under NetBSD.

Ted