Subject: compaq 2010c blues
To: NetBSD port-hpcmips <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Marc Rogers <marcr@deceptively.shady.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 09/29/2000 19:06:07
Hiya

   I seem to be having a slight problem booting the installation image. The boot
procedure starts, the bottom half of the screen corrupts then the system hangs.
If however I boot using the TX3912 image, it boots fine, although for obvious
reasons it is unable to find a partition.

Would I be right in my assumption that the installation kernel image is based
on the generic kernel image? If this is the case I guess I will have to cross
compile a new kernel image including the sysinstaller based on the TX3912 image.

As the port homepage shows full support for the 2010c, I assume that someone else
has been down this path... Would that other person please let me know how they overcame
this problem (if indeed they experienced it) and if they resorted to compiling a new
kernel, I dont suppose they would mind letting me have a copy of their installation
image?

Any other advice is most welcome

Marc Rogers